Book Blogger Appreciation Week: Book blogs I appreciate September 10, 2012Posted by thehypermonkey in Book talk.
Tags: BBAW, book appreciation week, books, reading
This week is Book Blogger Appreciation Week! Instead of reviews this week I’ll be participating in the events that are scheduled for BBAW! At least every day except Tuesday. I joined in too late and missed out on the interview swap sign-ups.
Today I’m going to share with you the book bloggers I truly appreciate. There are so many to choose from! I’ll try and brief.
- Katie from Blook Girl – She has such awesome reviews! Katie has a true gift with words and conveys such a clear message about how she feels regarding a book and its characters. We also have nearly identical tastes. I think I own 90% of my TBR list to her! I also have gotten to know Katie a little and she’s so sweet!
- The Insatiable Blooksluts – I don’t read their blog so much for their reviews as much as I do for their articles on the landscape of the publishing and general book blogging world. Their articles are extremely thought-provoking and sometimes leave me with such a new perspective.
- Lauren at The Housework Can Wait – Lauren is one of the hosts of Throwback Thursdays. She has excellent reviews. They’re very thoughtful and she isn’t afraid to state her own opinion no matter if it veers far off from the general consensus. In other words, she’s very honest, but not brutally so. She presents her case logically and point by point. I always feel like her reasoning is sound if she doesn’t like a book. On the other hand, if she does like a book I want to run out and read it right away! Especially since we have such similar tastes!
- Brittany at The Book Addict’s Guide – I just recently started following Brittany’s blog but I feel like I’ve known her for much longer. We have such similar tastes. Her reviews are well done and I love finding out what she thinks about books I’ve already read. Getting to know her has been great.
- Parajunkee – Parajunkee has helped me out immensely. She has a weekly feature called “Book Blogging 101” and I’ve learned a lot from it. I don’t always take her advice to heart, but I have learned from it. She also has a weekly Social Hop and I’ve been able to garner more Twitter followers through that event! I’ve even had an opportunity to chat with Rachel on Twitter now and again.
- SheWolf Reads – Last but nowhere least, is SheWolf Reads. I’ve gotten to chat with her over Twitter and she’s helped me out more then once. I love her reviews. She’s another blogger who seems determined to see to it that my TBR list implodes. This is one blog you don’t want to miss. Don’t miss her Shelf Candy posts either!
I just know I’m forgetting someone, but I’m rushing around trying to get this done before my morning is over. I’m on Hawaiian time remember? I’d like to get this done before the East Coast’s day is over! I hope you check out these great blogs.
Who’s on your favorite book blogger list? Share them with me in the comments!